Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the way it used to be...

Here is the beginning of my dream kitchen
....12 years ago...
This is what we bought.
(read all about our Home Sweet Home here)
The little room was the original pantry
and the only existing cabinets .
The bigger room was empty except for this china cabinet.
It became the model for the new cabinets.

Family-style remodeling

We gutted, insulated, wired, and sheetrocked,
added new cabinets
and oak floors.






Oh, what good times we had...
We dreamed, we worked, we learned new skills ,
and we made memories .
Tomorrow I will show you more.
It really is my *dream* kitchen.

11 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh the photos of your sweet children is priceless...
You really saw the potential of the house.. and turned it into a hOme...I can't wait to see the next post!!!

sherry said...

Oh wow, this is already amazing, Rene'. Seeing the completed room is something I'm looking foward to with great anticipation. :o)

jAne * tickleberry farm

Ellinor said...

O vad härliga bilder väntar med spänning på fler av ditt drömkök
Ellinors Hus

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I so admire people who remodel and come out on the other side in one piece. Can't wait to see it.

stefanie said...

oh, I can see why you fell in love, can't wait to see the finished kitchen

Sandi said...

What fun memories Rene'. Can't wait to see your new kitchen!!
hugs~

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

What a family project it has been.
The room had wonderful light, high ceilings and that cupboard, fantastic.
I can hardly wait to see the finished room.
Susan

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a wonderful family restoration project, taking a house and turning it lovingly into a home. I look forward to seeing more pictures.

FlowerLady

podso said...

What memories you must have of this family project, and pride in the finished project. Waiting ...

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Wow!! what wonderful pictures... I can't wait to see the rest. xo Heather

Seawashed said...

Oh I can't wait!!!!

And your little button nosed daughter on the ladder is sweeter than pumpkin pie...so so so cute.