Tuesday, July 17, 2012

barn sale~twenty twelve...

Drats! 
 I missed the where women create party.
Again.
I was sure I would have everything in order this year.
But, nope...didn't happen.
Next year?


I have shown you this before



Really, this is  where I spend most of my time creating.
which leads me to the real purpose of my post.
*
*
Did ya' thought I had forgotten
 about
my
Miss Gracie's & Friends
Vintage Barn Sale?



Nope, I'm not forgetful;
just  distracted.
by vintage camp trailers 
( it's coming along quite nicely, but that is for another post)


It was a grand sale.
and
I think that  it just keeps getting grand-er  every year.
I am always so  amazed and humbled 
at the way it all comes together.
My  vendors are so great, and the customers ...
well, they just keep a-comin'.

I had one gal tell me that it  made her feel like
she got to do  something that was in the magazines.

I  always strive to make this an event...so I took that as a compliment!

Let's start with my stuff...be warned...there's lots of it!


outside the barn




My MR.  whipped up this galvanized wall  for me.
(I've had the panels for years and have wanted to use them somehow in my displays.)

I wanted something portable so I could  take it to the shop to use there, too. 


It is just what I wanted.
I intended to add some lace but ran out of time...next-time!










a bit of industrial


next, we'll move to inside the barn


I love my  hanging porch railing~it's the original side porch railing  from the house.
I love it  with the textures and layers of 
the doors and chandy.







Back outside.
 I did something different this year
just for fun




bright, HAPPY color



 this is the part when I say

"boy, do I have a lot of stuff!"


Do you have time for a bit more?
Here are some of *the friends* spaces.









It's party time...



linking to:

White Wednesday @ Faded  Charm
Show off Your Cottage @ The House in the Roses 
Creative Blogger's Party & Hop @ Homemaker on a Dime
Make it Pretty @ The Dedicated House
Tuesday Cowgirl Up @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Your Cozy Home @ Cozy Home Scenes
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
*****************************************
Cottage Garden Party@ Fishtail Cottage
Under $100 @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Air Your Laundry Friday @ Freckled Laundry
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Fabulous Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Farmhouse Friday @ Laurie Anna's Vintage Home
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
PRIMP Your Stuff @ (PRIMP)
Thriftin' on a Thursday @ Savvy City Farmer
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Potpourri @ 2805

32 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful, wonderful selection of "goodies". Your sale looks absolutely amazing and I would love to see it in person. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Anne said...

Rene,
Wow what a sale!I wish I lived closer.I would have loved those white lockers.I am sure you sold those fast.Everything looks beautiful!
xx
Anne

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love this post!! I am now following you! Penny

Debra@CommonGround said...

ohmygoodness! I see so many things that I love, what a crowd!!

marie said...

Awesome! You had an amazing assortment of treasures. I just love the hanging porch rail and the doors along the wall behind it. What a wonderful look!!
My very favorite piece is the
1-2-3-4-5 chest of drawers. I would have snatched that up in a minute!
What a wonderful event! I know just what that gal meant. I'm always seeing all these fun sales in magazines (and on blogs) - coming to your sale would be a dream come true. Maybe someday.

Thanks for sharing your great photos!!

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow! Wish I could attend something like that. We just don't have those sort of things up here. Lots of wonderful stuff and I love the bright coloured section. I'm glad it was a success. Blessings, Pamela

chateau chic said...

Looks like a fabulous sale! Wish I lived close enough to come.
Mary Alice

Linda said...

Oh my Geeze.....There is so much there I would have bought!!! Gorgeous displays!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh my--looks like heaven on earth to me! So many pretty things. You have been busy! It makes me tired just thinking about it:)

Sheila Rumney said...

Oh, how I wish I were closer to enjoy your barn sale!!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This sale just looks awesome, Rene! Wow, would I love to be there! Lots of wonderful goodies!

EllenaElizabeth said...

Looks like a super fun time! How I wish I could have come. You all seem to have so much more fun in the USA than we do here...bigger population I guess. We only have 20 million in Australia. The Where Bloggers Create party is turning out to be such fun again this year, sorry you missed it. Like you said maybe next year.

Lady Courtney said...

So many things I would have loved to have bought, if only you were closer!!! Looks like a fun sale!!! How's the grandbaby? :) donna

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thank you for sharing this post! I almost felt like I was there. In fact you wouldn't be seeing my back side in the last photo, 'cause I'd be the first in line! So many wonderful pieces!!!

Congratulations on a fabulous sale that you obviously worked your fingers to the bone preparing for it!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Holy Cow ! Look at all the pretty bits and pieces and look at all the people in that last picture. YIKES!

I'm glad your sale was a great success.

I've been going through the Where I create posts, oh my.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

On Crooked Creek said...

Rene,
I came by last night for a "sneak peak"...but I was on the way to my Circle meeting and couldn't leave a comment! I fell, totally, in love with a few of the pieces in your lot!!! Two blue, greenish cabinets!!! If I lived close...I could have done some serious DAMAGE to my checking account!!! The crowd looked fabulous. Hope this was the success you were wanting and that you'll be looking forward to next year's Barn $ale!!!
Fondly,
Pat

trash talk said...

Good grief...I don't know which you have more of...beautiful stuff...or beautiful customers!
Can I just say I adore your barn? You know that old saying about "trying to close the barn door after the horses got out"? Girl...you just gave it a whole new meaning...and I mean that in a really good way!!!
Deb

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous sale you had!!
I love all your photos and really could have spent mega $$$$$$ there.
The chippy clawfoot tub is delightful and i like the way you used it to display!
Thank you for the tour!
Cheers, Lynn

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

FANTASTIC!!
Love all your beautiful displays Rene, they keep inspiring me for our White Shows!!

Tina said...

Oh - I wish I was able to visit your barn sale - everything looks so wonderful. so much great stuff.

margits.bastelstube@kabsi.at said...

Dear Rene,
I wish I were with you. I would definitely find a lot .... everything is so beautiful.
Many greetings
margit

Unknown said...

Wow! Everything looks so amazing! I wish I could have been there. I'm participating in my first show in September. I'm so nervous! I hope I can make my "stuff" look half as pretty as yours!

must love junk said...

Rene, I'm so glad you found me and left a comment! Now I'm your newest follower-LOVE your blog and style! I hope you visit me again :)
Susan
must love junk

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, what a treat was that barn sale! It looks fantastic, I had no idea what an "event" it really is! (no wonder you do it once a year! LOL)
You have such great stuff and display it so beautifully! I love metal paired with the creamy white and the chandeliers, ... gorgeous! I glad it was a big success!
Hugs,
Patti

Doreen said...

Wow Gracie! I can't believe all that GORGEOUS stuff!! And you know what else I can't believe? The fact that this is the first time I've stumbled across your blog. I'm a new follower and found you on Cowgirl Up (I'm the one with the before/afters of our log cabin). You have a lovely blog and an even lovelier home, and it's 'good to meet you'.

White Lace and Promises said...

Love the barn sale and all the different types of venues! The bold colors pop among all the white. They are big sellers for my shop this season! Makes me think of a beach cottage of the 50's. Love!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! Very cool that you host a barn sale at your home...and with so many wonderful things for sale!

Visiting from Knick Of Time and am a new follower!

~Ashleigh @ rusticanthology.blogspot.com

Amy Kinser said...

Goodness!!! It all looks amazing! You have got great stuff and it looks like you had a ton of people. So happy for you that it was a success.

Unknown said...

Wish you were in North Georgia! I would love to attend your sale! What a lovely barn. You had such wonderful items for sale! So glad you shared.

foreverdecorating said...

Like the rest...wish I lived nearby to be able to go to this fabulous sale. Glad it was good and i know it was tons of work getting it to this point.

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Be. Still. My. Heart! I would have come home with a truck load for sure. Looks like you had a great crowd and I'm sure you had lots of vacant space when it was all over.

I've been meaning to ask you...what paint technique do you use for your pieces...type of paint, spray or roller/brush, color, glazing or staining, finish?
I've got some pieces I am wanting to paint and can't decide what direction I want to go :/

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

My, my, what a lot of great stuff! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse