Thursday, December 24, 2009

christmas past and present #16...a repost


This is the nativity set from my childhood.
We started a new tradition ( in the last 10 years or so)
I heard about it at a Mom's gathering


and loved it.


I just wish I would have done it
with my older children.
So now it is for my youngest and my grandchildren.


With the beginning of Advent,
Mary and Joseph
start on their journey to Bethlehem.


Each day they get a little closer to their destination.


The journey is always down the stairs,
one or two per day.


On Christmas Eve morning they arrive at the stable.



The next part
is the *treasure* hunt
for Baby Jesus.


We do this after dinner, Candleight service
but before presents.
I've hidden Baby Jesus
for the little ones to find and place in the stable.


Because you can't have Christmas
without Jesus, you know!

2 comments:

Maison Douce said...

What a cool tradition!! I will have to try that!!
Isabel

Martha said...

What a wonderful tradition.

Martha