Wednesday, June 25, 2008

pruning with love...

I've been spending the cool hours
of the morning out in my roses.

I'm ashamed to say
that it is the first time this year
I've been out to work with them.
Needless to say they needed a lot of love...


I can't help but think
of life applications
when gardening.

pruning:to cut off or cut out,
as useless parts

all these dead and diseased branches



and this wild growth
that wants to go back to the old rose


I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes it so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:2


God is soo patient to prune us,
to cut out the dead, diseased and wild stuff.
the stuff that does not bear fruit
Why do we resist it so?

I try to hang on to the hurts,
the what-if's,
the issues of the day.


Everyday is a new opportunity of grace,
to be pruned by His loving hand.

Now, isn't that better?

Now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil 1:6

10 comments:

Seawashed said...

That is beautiful and a pleasant reminder of what is true and good for us. Your roses are lovely. I just picked some of mine today and put them in vases about the cottage. Our English Sachet is full of lovely blooms.

Thank you also for your prayer/concerns for my hubby. I left a comment on Lady Jane's this evening explaining how it ended up being a blessing. What seemed to be something bad, ended up being an opportunity for
God to bless us. The thieves didn't take much...just some of his surveying equipement, which does costs hundreds, but his boss wasn't mad. The side window is what they broke in through. Our insurance ended up replacing our front windshield that was cracked along with the broken side window, only costing us $100. It had been estimated that it would cost us $500 to replace. What a wonderful suprise that was! He turned something meant for evil, into good.

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Amen! Beautiful pink roses! Isn't it difficult to keep the inside and the outside of our homes "pruned?" Thank you for God's reminder. We all need reminding from time to time! Here's a quote from our Pastor last Sunday which is one of my favorites: "Whose Kingdom am I building today? Mine or His?"

Mrs. MK said...

blessed promises....

thepaperroSe said...

rene
THANK YOU! It has been one of those days....i needed the sweet reminder of God's grace........

Paula said...

Dear sweet Rene',
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely thoughts, the beautiful verses and your pretty roses!!! I needed to hear this. You are so right, God is so very patient to prune us by His grace and loving hand!!!

Blessings,
Paula

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my your roses are beautiful, and if that is your porch in the background, so is it! Yes, we really do have lightening bugs, some call them fireflys. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of one. The life application to the pruning process is SO true. xo rachel

Anonymous said...

Your roses are so pretty! Yes, our Lord is wonderful, isn't He? He takes away what is ugly, affecting our spirit and He gives what is alive and growing to breathe and become healthier.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden!

many blessings

mari

vintage girl at heart said...

These are so beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Rene...that's was such a wonderful visual of how GOD is in our very inner lives working and keeping us pure and fresh. I am go glad to know that our GOD never changes, but he is always at work pruning and changing us to be more and more like him!

Blessing..Lorena

Kathy said...

Hi What beautiful roses. Your place looks lovely.I'm thrilled to see there are other believers out in this blogging world that is somewhat knew to me. Congrats also on your new little grand babies, what a gift!!! Kathy