Saturday, June 21, 2008

ARLENE, the junque' lady...

Yesterday was a horrible day for yardsales-
I don't know if my timing was off or what
but I just couldn't find anything cool...



I was a-needin' something
it had been 2 whole weeks
without thrifting treasures...



So after dinner I asked Curt
if he would take me to Arlene's

I told you about her last week


She is my inside source


my go-to lady


I got my junque' *fix*!

I found this awesome iron bed

for yard art



these old mirror frames

and bed parts



I'm set now with new projects

for the week...


whew-that was close !


there isn't show and tell tomorrow

but I'm working on a post

remember this...

Well, I'll be back tomorrow!

Until then

have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

oh.....neato! Can't wait!

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

I wish Arlene lived near me! Such good junk. That mirror from a vanity would look so pretty with fabric in it, you could use it like a screen in front of a t.v.That's just the first thing I thought when I looked at it. I'm sure you'll make something pretty out of it. Have fun!
Hugs~Kelly

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh, wow!!!! How great is that place!

Seawashed said...

Wow, you found yourself some treasure! I want that iron garden bed!!!! And those mirrors...I can imagine them after you've painted them white, which I am guessing you will do! They will be so Shabby Chic. Glad you had a successful day, afterall.

Unknown said...

Amazing finds!!! Love the iron bed...stunning!