Wednesday, March 4, 2009

like mother, like daughter


During one of my thrifting escapades
last summer
I found this *Farm Journal*

"the magazine farm families depend on"



It was soo Mary Jane Butters!

I snatched it right up.

It was full

of interesting and frun

pics and articles:




Which one would you like

to wear to do your chores in?

I like the blue one, don't you?
I love the fridge...but not the defrosting part.

some things never change...

.

.

Come back tomorrow for the

rest of the story.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

What neat pictures of times past. In this day and age with all this uncertainty around us I think at times I would like to go back there...when life was much simpler . Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

So nostalgic! Funny how it all comes back like the homespun apron and old fridge! We are spoiled with so many modern conveniences! How's business Rene? My shop business picked up in Feb. after after a slow Jan. Some rain has prevented me from painting, too. So, the upside is that my house gets cleaned, organized and rearranged! Thanks for stopping by.

Pink Slippers said...

I love it. A time where we took pride in being a woman not feminism.
Wendy

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

I guess some would say those were the days. I like the conviences we have today, but missing the ways of life I had as a child back in those days. Moms would stay home with there kids and dads would go off to work. It was a very pleasant way of life!

sherry said...

Oh wow such fun posts you're sharing! Love all the retro pictures and even tried to click and enlarge the weight reduction ad. It wouldn't enlarge. hmfph. hehe.

Love love love the stove and how funny that your daughter bought the same exact one. Great minds and all.

Bless you,
jAne