Sunday, March 25, 2012

six on sunday...

 

Here's a peek into my week.

1. Temperatures were in the 70's over the weekend.
Crazy, huh?
The snow melted :)
and
the sunshine called me outside
to work in my flowerbeds.

I found a few of these
(my favorite spring flower)

Now faith

is being sure of what we hope (expect) for
and
certain of what we do not see.
Heb. 11:1

~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. My entry is progressing.
Step 1: complete

yep, that is My Mr.  hanging wallpaper 
on.the.ceiling.
yep, we are crazy.
yep, it  is  was really hard to do.
and 
yep, I love it.
(soon, I will be back to show you more, I'm still trying to put it all back together)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.  I've been helping Mrs G with her nursery.
I can't show you, yet.
It's gonna  be cute!

here's some of  what we are working with

It is fun to watch my girls find their own style 
and create their own homes.
Not their mama's. 
I 'm the painter
...and am trying to keep my mouth shut...
I wonder how I 'm doing at that:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4.  We been watching a bit a lot of college basketball.
We are a March Madness family.
March Madness means 
family get-togethers and good food.
 What's not to love?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. TAXES...again.  didn't I just finish 2010?  
Remember what I said about this last year?
Start earlier and get help...
That did not happen.  
The clock is ticking.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6.  Today's teaching was on mercy.

 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Matthew 5:7


mercy- NOT getting what we DO deserve.

 For that I am thankful.

15 comments:

margits bastelstube said...

dear rene,
what a wonderful post... what a beautiful entree...YES many work!!!
BUT your home ist soo beautiful!
in austria, we HAVE SPRING (look on my post ;-)
many greetings
margit

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am guessing you live somewhere near me! I live an hour out of Portland and we are having the same weather as you are. One day the flowers were covered in snow and the next day I was pulling weeds and felt WARM. What a weird feeling that was. Well, they are saying rain all next week--spring break. Well, I should be able to get a lot of inside projects done! Have a good week--

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful post. I have papered a couple of ceilings in my life. We always had a second person standing with a cloth covered broom to hold the paper up (ahead of the person on the ladder). I don't think I will ever tackle that again!>) I can't wait to see yours.

It sounds like things have been busy around your place. I have to laugh at keeping your opinions to yourself when it comes to your kids....my dd chose a dark,dark,dark flooring that I knew was going to darken her kitchen (which does not get much natural light). She complained about how dark her kitchen turned out. I had the good grace to not say- I told you so.

I hope you have a wonderful week- now go get those taxes done! xo Diana

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Can't wait to see the wallpapered ceiling. I know that would be hard to do. Very brave you two!

Anne said...

I LOVE the colors she picked.And if you are helping I know it is going to be beautiful.Your entry is looks great.Can't wait to see it finished.
Blessings,
Anne

PCovi said...

I was about to go hunting for that faith verse...now I don't have to :)
That nursery is looking very promising from here!

Unknown said...

Oh Rene,
I sure know what it's like to tackle decorating projects like this! We have temporarily moved out of our home for 2 weeks as the 150 year old floors are all refinished. It makes it difficult for me to keep up with my day-to-day life right now, but I know that it will be so worth the wait.
Can't wait to see more photos as you progress.
xoxo,
Mary

Pamela Gordon said...

I can't wait to see the foyer all finished. I love the old light fixture. The colour palette for the nursery is very pretty. Have a great week! Pamela

Cindy said...

It's looking lovely, dear Gracie. Today's sermon at our church was on the Grace and Mercies of God. I'm so thankful for the mercies of God.
Have a good day. I am looking forward to seeing what the newly papered ceiling is going to look like. Also the nursery that you are doing as well as other projects that you hinted at.
Hugs, Cindy

Sheila Rumney said...

Looks like you have been busy. Love the colors of the nursery. What an exciting time! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your entry, I am sure it will be fabulous!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hello Rene!
Lots of happenings over at your nest!
Looking forward to seeing the nursery!
Have a wonderful week!!

Patty said...

Thank you for being a blessing to me, today! I am looking forward to seeing your progress on your home...and I LOVE the nursery colors...hope when it's my girls' turn to do their homes, I can keep my mouth shut as well!!

Leah C said...

Sounds like a really wonderful week...except, maybe, for the taxes part!

CeCe said...

I am not sure you know the beauty you share with the world. I have so not been able to get myself to post...instead, I linger at your beauty. Bless you...